Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Learn Thai the Easy Way!

      Thai Phrases: This page contains a table including the following: Thai phrases, expressions and words in Thai, conversation and idioms, Thai greetings and survival phrases or simply if you want to know what to say when chatting. Most of the sentences below are used for the everyday life conversations, so they might come handy if you memorize them. You can also check out our Thai Vocabulary page.

English Greetings
Thai Greetings:
Hi!
sa-was-dee   
สวัสดี
Good morning! 
sa-was-dee thorn chao   
สวัสดีตอนเช้า
Good evening!
sa-was-dee thorn yen   
สวัสดีตอนเย็น
Good night!
ra-tee-sa-was   
ราตรีสวัสดิ์
Good bye!
la-korn  
ลาก่อน
In The Morning
thorn-chao 
ตอนเช้า
Evening
thorn-yen  
ตอนเย็น
At Night
thorn-klang-kean 
ตอนกลางคืน
See you later!
leaw-jor-kan-mai  
แล้วเจอกันใหม่
Welcome! (to greet someone)
yin-dee-ton-rab   
ยินดีต้อนรับ
How are you?
sa-bai-dee-mai   
สบายดีไหม
I'm fine, thanks!
sa-bai-dee, kob-kun   
สบายดี, ขอบคุณ
And you?
leaw-kun-la   
แล้วคุณหละ
Good
kor-dee 
ก็ดี
So-So.
reauy-reauy    
เรื่อยๆ
Thank you (very much)!
kob-kun-(mak)   
ขอบคุณ(มาก)
You're welcome! (for "thank you")
mai-prn-rai   
ไม่เป็นไร
Hey! Friend!
yai-puan   
ไงเพื่อน
I missed you so much!
chan/phom-kid-thung-kun-mak  
ฉัน/ผมคิดถึงคุณมาก
What's new? 
mee-a-rai-mai-bang   
มีอะไรใหม่บ้าง
Nothing much
mai-mee-ar-rai-mak   
ไม่มีอะไรมาก
I Don't Understand!
chan-mai-khao-jai   
ฉันไม่เข้าใจคะ/ครับ
I Don't Know!
Chan-mai-ruu    
ฉันไม่รู้
I Have No Idea.
Chan-kid-mai-ook    
ฉันคิดไม่ออก
Do you like it?
kun-chab-man-mai   
คุณชอบมันไหม
I really like it!
chan-chob-man-mak   
ฉันชอบมันมาก 
I'm hungry.
chan-hew-khao   
ฉันหิวข้าว
I'm thirsty.
chan-hew-num   
ฉันหิวน้ำ
This 
nee  
นี้
That
nan 
นั่น
Here
tee-nee  
ที่นี่
There
tee-nan    
ที่นั่น 
Me
chan 
ฉัน
You
kun 
คุณ
Him
khao 
เขา
Her
lon 
หล่อน
Really!
jring-reu   
จริงหรือ
Really!
jring-jring   
จริงๆ
Look!
doo-nan-si   
ดูนั่นสิ
Hurry up!
reaw-khao   
เร็วเข้า
What?
a-rai 
อะไร
Where?
tee-nai   
ที่ไหน
What time is it?
thorn-nee-kee-moang-leaw 
ตอนนี้กี่โมงแล้ว
It's 10 o'clock. 07:30pm.
thorn-nee-sib-moang-leaw
ตอนนี้ 10 โมงแล้ว 
Give me this!
ko-doo-chin-nee-noi
ขอดูชิ้นนี้หน่อย
I love you!
chan-rak-kun-mak
ฉันรักคุณมาก
I feel sick.
chan-mai-sa-bai
ฉันไม่สบาย
I need a doctor
chan-yak-pob-maw
ฉันอยากพบหมอ
1 - One
neung
หนึ่ง
2 - Two
sawng 
สอง
3 - Three
sahm  
สาม
4 - Four
see
สี่
5 - Five 
ha
ห้า
6 - Six  
hok
หก
7 - Seven 
jet 
เจ็ด
8 - Eight
paat
แปด
9 - Nine 
gow
เก้า
10-Ten 
sib 
สิบ
I'm lost
chan-long-tang   
ฉันหลงทาง
Can I help you?
hai-chan-chuay-a-rai-mai
ให้ฉันช่วยอะไรไหม
Can you help me?
chuay-chan-noi-dai-mai 
ช่วยฉันหน่อยได้ไหม
How much is this?
an-nee-tao-rai   
อันนี้เท่าไหร่
One moment please!
pab-neung-na   
แป๊บหนึ่งนะ
Hold on please! (phone)
theu-sai-roo-sak-kru-na
ถือสายรอสักครู่นะ
Excuse me ...! (to ask for something)
kor-thod
ขอโทษ
Excuse me! ( to pass by)
kor-tang-noi
ขอทางหน่อย
Come with me!
ma-kab-chan-si   
มากับฉันซิ
Do you speak English?
kun-pood-pa-sa-ang-kgrit-dai-mai   
คุณพูดภาษาอังกฤษได้ไหม
Do You Speak Thai?
kun-pood-pa-sa-thai-dai-mai    
คุณพูดภาษาไทยได้ไหม
Just a little.
nid-noi  
นิดหน่อย
What's your name?
kun-cheu-a-rai  
คุณชื่ออะไร
My name is ...
chan/phom-cheu..... 
ฉัน/ผมชื่อ.....
Mr...
nai...
นาย...
Mrs.…
nabg...
นาง...
Miss…
nang-saaw... 
นางสาว...
Nice to meet you!
yin-dee-tee-dai-ruu-jak
ยินดีที่ได้รู้จัก
You're very kind!
kun-jai-dee-jang
คุณใจดีจัง
Where are you from?
kun-ma-jak-tee-nai   
คุณมาจากที่ไหน
I'm from the U.S
chan/phom-ma-jak-america 
ฉัน/ผมมาจากอเมริกา/ประเทศไทย
I'm from the Thailand
chan/phom-ma-jak pa-thad-thai 
ฉัน/ผมมาจากประเทศไทย
I'm American
chan/phom-pen-kon-american
ฉัน/ผมเป็นคนอเมริกัน
Where do you live?
kun-you-tee-nai  
คุณอยู่ที่ไหน
I live in the U.S
chan/phom-you-tee-pra-thad-america   
ฉันอยู่ที่ประเทศอเมริกา
I live in Thai
chan/phom-you-tee-pra-thad-thai       
ฉันอยู่ที่ประเทศไทย

Did you like it here?
kun-chob-tee-nee-mai      
คุณชอบที่นี่ไหม
Oh! That's good!
oh-man-dee-mak-leoy  
โอ้! มันดีมากเลย

How old are you?
kun-r-yu-tao-rai   
คุณอายุเท่าไหร่
I'm (twenty, thirty...) years old.
chan/phom-r-yu-(yee-sib/sam-sib)   
ฉัน/ผมอายุ (20, 30)

I have to go
chan/phom-tong-pai-leaw-na   
ฉัน/ผมต้องไปแล้วนะ
I will be right back!
leaw-chan/phom-ja-klab-ma-mai   
แล้วฉัน/ผมจะกลับมาใหม่
Good luck!
chock-dee-na   
โชคดีนะ
No Problem!
mai-mee-pan-ha
ไม่มีปัญหา
Can You Say It Again?
chuay-pood-mai-eak-krang-na
ช่วยพูดใหม่อีกครั้งนะ
Can You Speak Slowly?
chuay-pood-chaa-chaa-noi 
ช่วยพูดช้าๆ หน่อย
Write It Down Please!
chuay-kean-hai-doo-noi    
ช่วยเขียนให้ดูหน่อย
What's That Called In Thai?
an-nee-pa-sa-thai-reak-wa-a-rai
อันนี้ภาษาไทยเรียกว่าอะไร
Big
yai 
ใหญ่
Small
lek   
เล็ก
Today
wan-nee 
วันนี้
Now
deaw-nee   
เดี๋ยวนี้
Tomorrow
prung-nee
พรุ่งนี้
Yesterday
mea-waan-nee  
เมื่อวานนี้

No comments:

Post a Comment